By May 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 cups (4 Servings)
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Ready In: 38 mins
Return to Top Return to Top Return to Top Return to Top Return to Top SALBA GRAVY Can be frozen or kept in a tightly lidded jar in the refrigerator and used as needed over the period of a week.
- 1/4 cup pound mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon minced or crushed garlic
- 2 cups broth (turkey, chicken, vegetable, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons ground Salba
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Clean the mushrooms and chop or slice to your preferred size
2. Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the mushrooms, thyme, and salt, and sauté for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms are reduced in size and they have expressed some juices. Stir in the garlic.
3. Add the broth, and heat until it is hot but not boiling.
4. Place the Salba in a small bowl, and ladle in enough broth to dissolve the Salba (approximately 3/4 cup). Use a small whisk to beat this mixture until smooth, then pour it back into the hot broth. Whisk the broth as you pour.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Skill Level: Beginner
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress